Tuesday, September 16, 2008

God is good!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm doing well. Tired and a bit "woozy" at times. When the meds from the hospital began to wear off, I did need to take my prescription pain medicine for some cramping...but it worked well...so now I'm just tired.

God was so good to us in so many ways today. All of the people who worked with me at the OB/GYN office and at the hospital were VERY kind and understanding. The procedure was delayed because my doctor had to do an emergency c-section, but I was able to lay down and rest while waiting. All went well, and I was asleep with a temporary kind of anesthesia that allowed me to wake up soon after the procedure was completed.

An "accident" happened today that I prefer to call God's grace. An older gentleman (a volunteer) was told to escort me from the waiting room to "minor procedures" instead of "outpatient surgery". So when he brought me to the wrong location, I saw a good friend from Church, Charlena, who works at this hospital (some of you may know her since helps in the 8 AM baby nursery at PBC). She came over and hugged me. What a comfort to see her at that moment!

Must give a "shout out" to Patty H. from PBC who kept Noelle at her house today and then gave us food for dinner to take home with us when we picked her up afterwards! Thank you so much!

Thank you also, so very much, to ALL of you for your prayers and kind words to us. We did have some sad moments today, but felt such a peace. You know how it is, that "peace that passes all understanding". Thank you for walking down this road with us today.

Ok...gotta go and lay down now. Just had to give you an update.

4 comments:

AUTigers said...

I'm glad things went well. We will continue to lift you up in our prayers. I am thankful that you have a church family that is there for you during this time. Karen

Janet said...

Praying you through this time! It's awesome to see God's hand in even the smallest of details!

Scott Shaw said...

Kristin and Chris,
Our hearts were broken as we learned of your news. You have been in our prayers and although you are journeying through an incredibly difficult time, it is good to hear how the Lord is close to you and granting you his peace. We will continue to pray for your emotional and physical healing.

Scott, Alisa and family

Tucker Family said...

Chris and Kristin-

We love y'all!!! And are so happy to hear that everything went well today.